Jobs – Work with us!
TerraDat (UK) Ltd. is an established Engineering & Environmental Geophysical survey company based in South Wales. We’re recognised as leaders in our field with over 25 years’ experience working closely with sectors that include: energy, geotechnical, civil engineering, mineral, archaeological and environmental.
Our culture is focused on innovation, R&D, excellence and openness. Backed up by one of the UK’s best resources in terms of geophysical survey equipment, you will have an opportunity to grow alongside the company in response to exciting and new applications.
We specialise in all shallow terrestrial geophysical techniques including Microgravity, Ground Penetrating Radar, Magnetics, Electromagnetics, Seismic and Resistivity profiling.
December 2020 – EXPERIENCED PROJECT GEOPHYSICIST
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Geophysicist to join our innovative, down to earth team of geoscientists to help our clients understand the shallow subsurface.
The role will require you to perform geophysical surveys using a variety of geophysical methods as part of a team or managing a field crew. Site work will be in a range of environments, mainly around the UK, but with occasional opportunities for travel abroad. The successful candidate will require an ability to process and interpret geophysical survey data and to write technical reports that meet our excellent standards. The position is anticipated to commence in early spring 2021.
- Organisation and management of geophysical surveys
- Acquisition and processing of a wide range of geophysical data types including Electromagnetic, Magnetic, GPR, Gravity, Resistivity and Seismic
- Topographic/GPS surveying
- Management of junior staff
- Client liaison (project planning, presentations and post-job follow up)
- Technical report writing
- Contribution to the company R&D interests
- 2+ years’ experience of working within a commercial environment
- A good geoscience degree
- A thorough understanding of the geophysical methods previously mentioned
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of technical report writing
- Knowledge of industry-standard software such as Oasis Montaj, Surfer, Grapher, AutoCAD, Res2Dinv and GPR Slice.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and illustrating software such as CorelDRAW, Acrobat etc.
- Full UK driving licence
- Current passport
- Right to work in the U.K.
- Degree or postgraduate degree in geophysics
- Experience of environmental and/or geotechnical site investigation
- Experience of GIS software
- Programming skills
Location and Package
- The position is located at our head office in Cardiff, UK
- You will be required to travel to sites across the UK and occasionally abroad
- Occasional weekend/night shifts will be required
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Package includes company contributory pension scheme
- Company private health insurance scheme
- Profit related bonus scheme
To apply, please send a CV and detailed covering letter to Christian Bird (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also include your anticipated annual salary.